Stop Selling the Old Way; Instead, Help Customers to Buy Your Product
Have you ever experienced this miracle selling? No effort. Item sold, gone.
It would be a wonderful feeling if the prospective buyer placed an order the moment I opened my mouth.
It rarely happens, hardly ever. Almost never unless the buyer is your friend
Instead, people are concerned about spending wisely. They would not let their money go unless convinced that the value they are getting in return far outweighs the outgo.
And how would you succeed as a salesperson? Simple. With the heavy reliance on technology, the distinction between a field salesperson and the office salesperson is gone. The field salesperson will always be a crucial part of taking a product everywhere, with or without technology. This is despite the fact that you can show any item, in any direction and angle, without so much as lifting a finger or something else. We are all familiar with video on call to show any presentation in 2D, 3D, in letter, and spirit.
Technology or otherwise, you have to convince the man sitting behind the high chair that the product meets almost all his expectations, it provides benefits most competition in a similar price range doesn’t. You must appeal to his heart but take money by convincing his mind.
Confusing, how to go about achieving sales targets?
Keep reading the text below…
You are close to achieving your wishes…
You do selling by asking questions.
The questions you put to the buyers help you discover their needs and desires, and connect with them, so as to smoothen the sales meeting.
By asking questions, you can discover the buyer’s intent and his buying process.
The questions also separate you from the rest of the sellers in the way they draw the attention of the buyers.
1. Using open questions during sales talk allows buyers to open up.
2. Open sales questions can’t be answered with a “yes” or “no.”: require further explanation to be answered.
3. Open sales questions need buyers to talk. These questions allow them to talk more freely.
4. The problem is, too many sellers rely on these questions alone to conclude sales.
5. Don’t take at face value what your buyer says
6. Ask them to explain their statement in greater detail.
7. Ask them why they think the way they do.
8. It’s important to be able to see the full picture of what’s going on in his mind in order to think of a working solution.
9. You can only do this by asking questions and gaining insight into their opinion and sensibilities.
10. Then you can steer them in the right direction.
Asking an open-ended question is best right at the start of the sales talk and during the middle of the conversation.
This conversation is also an opportunity for you to find out whether your product fits them and whether their term of acceptance fits you.
Overall, you’re there to give your prospects a solution to their problems.
As long as the buyer has not ordered the product, and you are still coming up with persuasion, it’s still a conversation between two people.
To make the conversation more engaging, you need to have a genuine curiosity about anything they’re involved in.
Ask their opinion on something that is unrelated to your sales pitch. That way, you can get a better understanding of who you’re talking about.
When asking questions, let them think about their answers.
Sometimes, all you need to do is ask one question, and the buyer will share all the information you need.
Asking questions is a vital part of a sales job. This will help you, and the buyer, discover if you’re a good fit for each other.
Knowing what kinds of questions you need to ask will help you better understand your buyer and their needs. Armed with this knowledge, you will be able to serve your client and yourself best.
If you are fascinated with the sales world and want to make a mark as a sales professional, I strongly encourage you to read a book
“Helping Customers to Buy Your Products” is available on Amazon.in
Helping Customers to Buy Your Products eBook: Srivastava, Binay: Amazon.in: Kindle Store
Anniversary offer for 4 days from10 -13 April 2023 (Local time):
On this special occasion, an updated, revised, and edited book “Helping Customers to Buy Your Products” is available from 10 to 13 April 2023 directly from the publisher @USD1.00 only.
Please register at the email ID firstname.lastname@example.org today to get the book at USD1.00 only; ($1.00) assuring a no-delay service…
Buying link will be sent individually to all applicants; with more offers
The updated book will be made available at Amazon during the month of May 2023
To recapitulate your principal role in a world where more often than not, it is the buyers who dominate while the sellers play second fiddle, please pay special attention here:
To be able to help customers buy his products or services is the MOST IMPORTANT reason for the existence of a salesperson; any item sold anywhere brings money, so necessary for the survival of a company or individual.
How to convince the customer to buy without applying any mental pressure is what this book will help you achieve. The ideas included applying to both field and online sales. This book shows the route to real success; all you have to do is to follow the dos and don’ts.
Summing up the field-tested practical ideas the book includes for your success
1. Never overpromise. It is a sure recipe for disaster
2. Show just 2/3 benefits of the product and keep repeating it till it sinks into the buyer’s mind
3. Visualize possible objections & pain points; then rehearse answers
4. Use email marketing and various networking methods to increase reach
5. Cost/Price is almost NEVER the real reason for not buying
6. Use a warranty to eliminate the risk factor.
That’s all you need to achieve success in sales or in any field.
I wish you the best